Prior to joining Utrecht University, I was a postdoctoral researcher (mid-2015 til 2017) in the Digital Security Group at Radboud University, The Netherlands. I received my PhD from Deakin University, Melbourne (Australia) in 2015, under the supervision of Prof. Lynn Batten. I completed my Bachelor of IT Honours (with First Class) and Bachelor of IT (major in IT Security and Mathematical Modelling) at Deakin University in 2011 and 2010, respectively.
Since January 2018, I am a steering committee member of the Women in Information and Computing Sciences network (WICS) at Utrecht University. From 07/2015 - 12/2017, I was chairwoman of the Radboud Women of Computer Science (RWoCS) group, and board member of the Halkes Women Faculty Network from 03/2016 - 12/2017 at Radboud University.
- 22 Jan. 2018: I will give an invited talk at the Cybersecurity track of ICT.Open 2018 on 20 March 2018
- 02 Jan. 2018: I joined the Software Systems group Utrecht University as an Assistant Professor.
- 02 Aug. 2017: I am part of the Organizing Committee for the annual Summer School on Real-World Crypto and Privacy to be held on 11-15 June 2018 in Šibenik, Croatia.
- 20 Apr. 2017: I am a PC member for the research track of the 15th Australasian Data Mining Conference to be held in Melbourne, Australia in August.
- 22 Feb. 2017: I have been invited to join the Technical PC for the 8th International Conference on Applications and Technologies in Information Security (ATIS 2017) to be held on 06-07 July 2017 in Auckland, New Zealand.
- 31 Aug. 2016: I am a co-organizer of the 7th annual edition of CrossFyre, to be co-located with EuroCrypt 2017 and Euro S&P 2017 in Paris.
- 24 Aug. 2016: I was awarded an all-expense paid trip by Google to attend the annual Grace Hopper Conference in Houston, Texas in October. GHC is the largest gathering of women technologists.
- 15 Aug. 2016: I am part of the Organizing Committee for the annual Summer School on Real-World Crypto and Privacy to be held on 05-09 June 2017 in Šibenik, Croatia.
- USENIX Security Symposium 2019, 14-16 August 2019, Santa Clara, USA. (PC Member)
- 10th IFIP NTMS 2019, 24-26 June 2019, Canary Islands, Spain. (New Technologies Track TPC)
- Summer School on real-world crypto and privacy, 17-21 June 2019, Šibenik, Croatia. (Co-organizer)
- BCMT Award 2019 (Member of the Evaluation Committee)
- 5th annual Cyber Security Workshop, April 2019, Utrecht, The Netherlands (Co-organizer)
- ICT Open, 19-20 March 2019, Hilversum, The Netherlands (Member of Track Committee for Security & Privacy)
- Workshop on Security in Cyber Physical Systems (co-located with HASE 2019), 3-5 January 2019, China. (PC member)
- Special Interest Group - Cybersecurity, part of IPN (Member since 2018)
- Women in Information and Computing Sciences network (WICS), Utrecht University
(Steering committee member since 2018)
- Kangacrypt 2018, 07-08 December 2018, Adelaide, Australia. (PC Member)
- AusDM 2018, 28-30 November 2018, NSW, Australia. (PC Member of Academic Track)
- Summer School on real-world crypto and privacy, 11-15 June 2018, Šibenik, Croatia. (Co-organizer)
- IEEE S&P 2018, 21-23 May 2018, San Francisco, California. (Member of Student PC)
- BCMT Award 2018 (Member of the Evaluation Committee)
- 2nd CRYPTACUS workshop, 16-18 November 2017, Nijmegen, The Netherlands. (Co-organizer)
- AusDM 2017, 19-25 August 2017, Melbourne, Australia. (Member of Technical PC)
- ATIS 2017, 06-07 July 2017, Auckland, New Zealand. (Member of Technical PC)
- IEEE S&P 2017, 22-24 May 2017, San Jose, California. (Member of Student PC)
- SEMS 2017 (co-located with EuroCrypt and Euro S&P 2017), 29 April 2017, Paris, France.
(Web Chair and PC member)
- Crossfyre 2017 (co-located with EuroCrypt and Euro S&P 2017), 29 April 2017, Paris, France. (Co-organizer and PC member)
- Summer School on real-world crypto and privacy, 5-9 June 2017, Šibenik, Croatia. (Co-organizer)
- Workshop on Security in Cyber Physical Systems (co-located with HASE 2017), 12-14 January 2017, Singapore. (PC member)
- Crossfyre 2016, 21-22 July 2016, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Summer School on real-world crypto and privacy, 5-10 June 2016, Šibenik, Croatia. (Co-organizer)
- Crossfyre 2015, 02-03 November 2015, Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
(Co-organizer and PC member)
- Halkes Women Faculty Network (link), Radboud University
(Board member since 2016)
- Radboud Women of Computer Science group (RWoCS), Radboud University
(Chairwoman since 2015)
Grants, Scholarships and Awards
- 2018 - Travel grant from the H2020 European initiative, EPIC, to visit Yuval Yarom and Vanessa Teague in Australia
- 2017 - Cryptacus STSM grant for research visit at IMDEA Software Institute, Madrid (COST-STSM-ECOST-STSM-IC1403-38591)
- 2017 - Real World Cryptography Conference 2017 (RWC 2017) travel grant
- 2016 - Women Techmakers grant by Google for an all-expense paid trip to attend the 2016 Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing in Houston, Texas (GHC)
- 2016 - TRUDEVICE STSM grant for research visit at University of Padova, Italy (COST-STSM-ECOST-STSM-IC1204-34892)
- 2016 - Conference on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (CHES 2016) travel grant
- 2016 - USENIX Security travel grant by Google (link)
- 2016 - Cryptacus STSM grant for research visit at COSIC, KU Leuven (COST-STSM-ECOST-STSM-IC1403-33615)
- 2015 - BASF Science and Technology Award 2015 Semi-Finalist, Victorian Young Achiever Awards, Awards Australia
- 2015 - Real World Cryptography Conference travel Grant
- 2015 - Publication Scholarship, Deakin University, Australia
- 2014 - Professor of Information Technology Postgraduate Degree Award, Deakin University, Australia
- 2014 - Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute (AMSI) Intern Scholarship
- 2014 - Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Finalist, Google
- 2013 - Higher Degree by Research Travel Grant, Deakin University, Australia
- 2013 - International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) Foundation Women’s Scholarship
- 2012 - International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) Research Graduate Scholarship,